I’m a huge fan of intimate wedding ceremonies in Dublin. There is always so much love and quite literally so much opportunity to capture intimate moments.
I offer packages that start at a registry wedding and run through a 3-5 hour coverage time. This really suits couples who just want me there for specific parts of the day.
Benefits of an intimate wedding in Dublin
- You can really spoil your guests plus tailor a wedding to literally whatever you want it to be! There are a great selection of venues in Dublin that cater really well for intimate gatherings.
- There is ample opportunity to get some fun and creative portrait shots with you and your wedding party too! The time is there. Often, a ‘first look’ option is taken whereby the couple see each other first, get their portraits done and spend the rest of the time with their loved ones.
- It’s in the name, really! Because of the size of the party and the special people that are there, emotions run high and I often feel immensely close to this emotion. It’s quite magical.
- There is less of the stress and more of the pamper. Planning a large affair isn’t for everyone and some people feel anxious in larger groups. If you are this type of person, an intimate wedding in Dublin could be just for you.
My favourite spots for an intimate wedding in Dublin:
1. The Clarence Hotel I think one of the main attractions for couples looking for wedding venues in Dublin is the sheer beauty of the Clarence Hotel. As you can see on their website, this former 18th-century grain store has been transformed into a stunning 4-star hotel, with exposed brick walls and arched doorways – perfect for a romantic getaway!
The historic design aspects of the Clarence Hotel juxtaposed with its modern interiors bring a perfect blend of old and new. The Clever East Rose Room offers the perfect setting for an Intimate Gathering and can hold 20-100 guests. This room can be configured for a ceremony, drinks reception, and dinner all in one.
The Clarence Hotel is located in the heart of Dublin City in the Liffey from the front entrance and then into Liffey bar for the back entrance. There are no shortage of photo opportunities in and around Temple Bar. If it does rain, no bother, the interiors of the hotel will provide you with loads to choose from and create a fun, fresh, modern look to your photos.
To find out more about weddings at The Clarence Hotel, contact them and check out Elle and Kevin’s beautiful intimate ceremony in The Rose room.
2. 25 Fitzwilliam Place I love this place! The building has been tastefully renovated in a classic yet contemporary style that still holds its original features. 25 Fitzwilliam Place has a one wedding per day policy which means this wedding venue in Dublin is exclusively yours for the day and night.
This is the perfect venue for those couples who would like to have a more intimate number of wedding guests but thoroughly spoil them with a whole venue to themselves. The venue caters for parties no larger than 60 people which makes it a perfect location for intimate wedding ceremonies in Dublin. The canal and urban landscape around make it a stunning location for portraits.
3. The Merrion Hotel If you two are lovers of all things class and sophistication. The Merrion hotel has it in oodles!! Couples are literally treated like royalty, and the architecture and finishings are on the same level. Even though you will be a part of the hotel, you get a whole separate wedding wing for you and your party. It feels like a completely separate venue.
Each couple has the opportunity to make the day their own, and the wedding team pride themselves in making this happen. There is endless choice for portraits both inside the building and outside which make it a fun way to mix urban Dublin with sophisticated interiors of The Merrion.
For more information about the Merrion Hotel, check out Victor and Ray’s beautiful and oh so elegant wedding day.
4. Smock Alley Theatre Smock Alley Theatre in Dublin offers a charming and historic setting for your wedding day. Built in 1622, the theatre is Dublin’s oldest and one of Ireland’s most beautiful venues, located right in the heart of the city centre. Think ornate features and floor-to-ceiling stained glass windows! Ceremonies take place in the stunning Banquet Hall which can host up to 150 guests but it is still perfect for a more intimate gathering.
The blend of old wooden features, brick walls, and stained glass windows allow for stunning photographs throughout the ceremony and for portraits. If you want to include some urban landscape of Dublin city in your portraits, just literally step outside to Temple Bar, Dublin Castle and around. For more information on weddings at Smock Alley, click here.