A wedding at The National Gallery of Ireland, nestled in the heart of Dublin, offers an exquisite and unconventional setting for your wedding day. This iconic institution, founded in 1864, is not just a cultural treasure but a versatile venue for creating unforgettable wedding memories. If you’re seeking a slightly arty and alternative wedding venue in Dublin, consider this historic location that seamlessly blends classic and contemporary elements.
The gallery stands as a cultural treasure trove in the heart of Dublin, offering a comprehensive collection of art from both Irish and European traditions, all within a striking architectural setting. It serves as an essential destination for art lovers, scholars, and curious visitors looking to immerse themselves in the world of fine arts. If you are both into the arts and would prefer an intimate Dublin City wedding that oozes history and arts do consider a wedding at The national Gallery of Ireland!
A unique wedding at The National Gallery of Ireland
The National Gallery of Ireland provides a unique and elegant setting for hosting weddings and private events. It is a number choice for a Dublin city wedding if your want an intimate alternative wedding in Dublin that affords you loads of photo opportunities too! Here’s a glimpse of what you can expect when planning a wedding at this iconic institution:
1. Historic and Aesthetic Appeal: The gallery’s historic wings and modern architecture create a stunning backdrop for those looking for a slighting arty, unique and alternative wedding in Dublin. The combination of classic and contemporary elements offers a versatile setting, allowing couples to choose the atmosphere that suits their preferences.
2. Venue Options: The National Gallery offers various event spaces to accommodate weddings of different sizes. Number 5 South Leister Street is a completely separate building right next to the National Gallery that hosts recently refurbished Georgian rooms. Couples can use the ceremony room only or take over the whole space for a full day event.
3. Artistic Surroundings: Your wedding will be surrounded by world-class art collections, adding an artistic and cultural ambiance to your special day. It’s a fantastic opportunity for couples and guests to immerse themselves in the art world while celebrating love. Guests still have the opportunity to wonder the Halls of the Gallery and the couple get to have their photographs in so many beautiful settings.
4. Experienced Event Team: The gallery has an experienced event team that can assist you with wedding planning, from coordinating logistics to suggesting vendors and decor ideas. They are well-versed in hosting events and can help you create a memorable experience.
You can contact the team at the details below:
Email: email@example.com | Telephone: +353 1 661 5133.
1. Photography Opportunities: With its beautiful architecture and art collections, the gallery offers numerous photo opportunities, ensuring you capture stunning memories of your special day. Warning though! The gallery is still very much open to the public and you cannot be seen in anyway to be interrupting their experience! Snipper style shooting is required and do expect some passer-by’s to be in your pictures.
Having said that, some amazing photos can be taken. If you’re looking to venture outside for a bit there is loads to choose from around you! Merrion Square Park is just a 5 minute walk away, the parliament buildings not far and plenty of old pubs to stop by for a ‘pint’ shot.
2. Accessibility and Location: The National Gallery is an ideal choice for couples looking for a central and culturally significant location. If you’re looking for a Dublin City location with a touch of class and difference, this might be the venue for you!
Elodie and Gareth’s story
Elodie and Gareth chose a wedding at The National Gallery of Ireland because they love Dublin city and they love art! They had chosen to have an intimate affair with just immediate family from both sides.
The wedding ceremony was to be at The National Gallery and then they were off to Roberta’s in Temple Bar for a private dining experience. Elodie is from France and most of her family only spoke French and it was also their first time to Ireland.
This didn’t stop the communication as well as the love and the laughter between both families. A ‘Lost in Translation’ atmosphere let to an extremely emotional and romantic ceremony.
I met Gareth at The Gingerman Pub, where he was having a pint with his Mum and Dad. I the waited at The Gallery to meet Elodie’s family first, followed by Gareth and his family. Elodie arrived dressed in pure French style. A royal green suede suit! Something she has specially made for herself. Pure class. She did all the flowers herself and they just popped against the colour green. Her hair was done in a 1920’s wave that set the whole ensemble together.
Their complete love for each other, Elodie’s bubbly smile and the mixture of French and Irish commentary made for the sweetest wedding at The National Gallery of Ireland. We didn’t have much time after the ceremony before they had to jet off to dinner so we did some fabulous shots in the stairway. I then took them to the front door of the gallery for a few shots and we walked up to Howbert & May’s for a few quirky plant shots. Elodie loved this idea because she love plants!
We ended our shots in the gallery, stopping at quiet spots along the way. My first wedding at The National Gallery of Ireland was a short, sweet and intimate one. But one definitely not to be forgotten!
Thank you Elodie and Gareth. Bisous xx
Suit dress: Paul Henry Tailoring
When reaching out to Dena, she offered a phone call right away: Dena was so warm, curious and really made sure she understood what we wanted. We had no doubt she was the one for us!
She was amazing throughout the whole process. From that first call until the wedding day, Dena was so thoughtful and caring, bringing great ideas for our pictures but was also open to our opinions.
On the day, she brought the perfect balance: she was letting us enjoy the moment but also guiding us when we needed it.
The pictures turned out amazing, a perfect mix of candid pictures and elegant, classy poses! We are delighted and we couldn’t recommend her more.
Thank you again Dena for making our day even more special”
If you enjoyed this intimate wedding in Dublin, why not have a goo at Victor & Ray’s New year’s love story at 25 Fitzwilliam place!